We’re looking for an experienced, motivated designer with front-end development skills who is excited by the thought of joining a remote-working and growing startup based in the UK.
We’re a SaaS platform which helps teams organise and produce lots of website content.
You’ll be joining as the first dedicated designer for our marketing team, working alongside our other designer who works on our product. You’ll be responsible for developing our brand style, evolving our marketing website, designing physical things, supporting internal communications, designing display ads, graphics for our social channels, our resources and more. You’ll work closely with others in both our marketing and product teams.
What we can offer you:
- Remote working- work from anywhere within the UK.
- Work/life balance- we work a 35 hour week and encourage downtime and a healthy lifestyle. It’s about quality over quantity (one of our values is wellness!)
- 32 days annual leave.
- The chance to make a real impact on our business- We’re a small team of 17, so there is a huge opportunity for everyone to contribute, collaborate and make their mark.
- Fun times – Even though most of us work remotely, it’s important we find time to have fun as a team. We get together at the London office every four months for a team day. Past activities include: volunteering on a city farm, mental health workshops, festive wreath making, food tours, yoga, pilates, pizza making (with a rocket scientist), cocktail making, 3D printing workshop, art and clay making workshop, chocolate truffle making, knitting workshop, bowling and wine tasting. There’s a definite eating theme!
- Competitive salary, stock options and pension.
What we need in return:
- A self-starter attitude with experience managing and prioritising your own workload.
- An ability to get things done quickly (whilst maintaining quality); working to a pace.
- A team-player who works as well with others as well as individually.
- Strong opinions, loosely held – you have no fear when it comes to contributing ideas and participating in discussions with the team. You’re also happy to take critique, self-improve and move forward fast.
- Innovation – you need to be open and willing to adopt new ways of working. Our processes are constantly evolving and we always look to take a lean approach.
- Customer focus – You should always be thinking, “What can I be doing to deliver more value to our customers?”
- Leave your ego at the door. We make decisions based on what’s right for the company, no exceptions. If you can’t work this way, please don’t apply.
- Integrity- you do the right thing and know how to set expectations
- Direct feedback- you’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Continuous improvement- you’re always looking for ways to better yourself and company processes
- Wellness- you live a balanced routine and avoid heroism and burnout
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has lots of experience in designing across different platforms, from digital to print.
- Has a strong portfolio that demonstrates your experience.
- Is a stickler for detail and consistency, who can balance solving for now and thinking about the bigger picture.
- Has strong visual design skills, but can strike a perfect balance between beautiful and usable.
- Has illustration skills and is actively looking to improve them.
- Has the ability to quickly create prototypes to communicate thoughts and ideas.
- Has the ability to distill complex problems down into thoughtful solutions.
- Has experience testing, iterating and improving their designs using real data.
Bonus points if you have experience:
- Working in a marketing team for a SaaS or online product business.
- Working in an in-house B2B product marketing team.
- Working as part of an agile team.
- With simple animation, video, photography, copywriting.
- Working with the marketing team to plan and deliver design work for our website or any campaigns we have running.
- Working with our Product Designer to develop our company style guide and drive visual strategy, as well as ensuring design consistency across the entire business.
- Managing your own workload from a backlog of tasks.
- Help us turn design into a competitive advantage.
The finer details:
- Start date – as soon as possible (note, our hiring process can take up to two months).
- Pay – dependent on your experience.
- Full-time role (35 hours a week).
- Based anywhere in the UK. This is a remote position.
Please be aware that although the position is remote, we may need you to travel to London during the interview process and will need you to come in for a team day every four months, if you’re successful. We’ll cover the costs of your travel.
Think you’re the person we’re looking for? Here’s how to apply:
Submit a cover letter to [email protected] with answers to the following questions;
- Why do you want to work at GatherContent?
- Can you share a piece of work that you’re proud of, or that you think represents an important part of your philosophy?
- Can you tell us about a problem you’ve had to solve, and how you went about solving it?
- Can you give us a brief description of your background (NOT a resume or CV)?
You also need to include the word ‘pomegranate’ in your cover letter to show that you’ve read the job role (this helps us weed out time wasters!)
We look forward to seeing your application.
What happens next?
We’re closing applications for this position on March 30th 2017 and the interview process will then take around a month.
We review all of the initial applications, screen for technical ability, attention to detail and general suitability.
Applicants who submit successful cover letters will go through to a remote values interview. Following that, the next round involves a remote skills interview. Applicants who get through these stages will be assigned a paid homework project. If the homework assignment is successful you may then need to meet our founders in London for lunch and a chat. We’ll cover any travel expenses and are happy to fit this in around your schedule if you currently have a job.
Lastly, we will then be in touch to let you know if you are successful 🙂
What is GatherContent?
GatherContent is a SaaS platform which helps teams organise and produce lots of website content. The platform enhances content development workflow, saving our customers time and money.
We launched in 2012 and have bootstrapped our way to profitability.
GatherContent is used by thousands of customers all over the world including Intel, Ogilvy, JWT, Spotify and Harvard University.
GatherContent has a small office presence in London but we are remote by default. The team works from up and down the UK.