Producing effective content at scale is essential for universities, but very challenging. With efficient content operations, an organisation will have scalable and repeatable processes for creating effective content.
In this webinar Robert Mills, Content Strategist at GatherContent, outlines some of the key elements of a content operation, from style guides and workflow through to structured content and having a well assembled content team. Drawing on examples from different universities including Cornell and Illinois State, and referencing research and conversations with customers in the higher ed sector, there will be practical advice and tips to help teams connect silos to produce effective content that meets user needs and business goals.
Who is the webinar for?
This webinar is for content professionals and those in digital and marketing leadership who work in Higher Education. It’s especially suitable for:
- Content Designers
- Content Strategists
- Directors of Marketing, UX and Comms teams
Whether the practitioner responsible for the planning, production and delivery of content, or the leader looking to bring change to your institution through digital transformation and putting content first, this webinar is for you.
What will I learn?
By attending this webinar you’ll leave understanding:
- What ‘content operations’ or ContentOps is
- Core elements of ContentOps, why they are important and the benefits they yield
- How investing in your ContentOps can help connect silos at your institution
- How Illinois State defined clear roles across silos for successful collaboration
- How Cornell’s workflow helped them produce and approve content for a website redesign in 4 weeks
- How the University of Leicester invested in structured content to streamline their print and digital workflows
There are also examples of good university Content Style Guides and insights about ContentOps from data collected from over 60 universities.
What you need to know
- The webinar is free 👏
- Join us: Tuesday December 11th. 4pm-5:30pm GMT
- All details will be emailed upon registration. Check those pesky spam folders!
- We’ll send one day and one hour reminders
- Download GoToWebinar before the webinar so you’re raring to go (it’s free too!)
- Nothing to prepare. Just get comfy. But you might want a notebook
- Watch again! A recording will be sent to all attendees the day after the webinar
About the presenters
Rob is Content Strategist at GatherContent. He is a journalism graduate and has previously worked as Studio Manager and Head of Content for a design agency and as an Audience Research Executive for the BBC. He’s a published author and regular contributor to industry publications including Net Magazine, Smashing Magazine, 24 Ways, WebTuts+, UX Matters , UX Booth and Content Marketing Institute. On occasion Rob speaks about content strategy at leading industry events and he leads on all of GatherContent’s resources and editorial output for the content community.
Reserve your space
It’s free! All you need to do is show up on Tuesday 11th December at 16:00 until 17:30 GMT.