When created with a clear purpose in mind and in a useful and usable way, a content style guide can help an organisation achieve consistency across their content. It can also be used as a tool for aligning different disciplines and for scaling content operations.
Having a content style guide does not make everyone perfect writers, but they do help to empower writers and provide a shared understanding of language, voice, tone and rules for writing across an organisation.
Creating a content style guide is only half the challenge. You then need to ensure people use it. This webinar will focus on both of these hurdles, sharing ways to create a useful content style guide that is usable for your teams.
The format of the webinar is a 45 minute presentation and a 15 minute Q&A.
Who is the webinar for?
This webinar is for anyone involved in ensuring content is consistent, standards are met, and that content is effective. It is for those who manage content creators and those who want to create a style guide from scratch or make improvements to an existing one. From 101 to levelling-up, this webinar has advice
What will I learn?
Attendees to this webinar will hear practical advice on how to:
- Plan for the creation of a content style guide.
- Create a content style guide that is purposeful and useful.
- Consider what content style guides should and should not include.
- Disseminate your content style guide effectively, to different audiences, to ensure it is used.
- Maintain a content style guide so it continues to be an asset.
- Plus examples ands tips from Mailchimp, The University of Dundee, GOV.UK and others.
- Even more! All attendees will receive a checklist after the webinar to help them plan, create, disseminate and maintain their own content style guide.
What you need to know
- The webinar is free 👏
- Join us: Thursday August 8th, 4pm – 5pm BST
- All details will be emailed upon registration. Check those pesky spam folders!
- We’ll send one week, one day and one hour reminders
- Download GoToWebinar before the webinar so you’re raring to go (it’s free too!)
- Nothing to prepare. Just get comfy. But you might want a notebook
- Watch again! A recording will be sent to all attendees the day after the webinar
About the presenter
Rob is Head of Content at GatherContent, the Content Operations Platform. He is a journalism graduate and has previously worked as Studio Manager and Head of Content for a design agency and as an Audience Research Executive for the BBC. He’s a published author and regular contributor to industry publications including Net Magazine, Smashing Magazine, 24 Ways, WebTuts+, UX Matters , UX Booth and Content Marketing Institute. On occasion Rob speaks about content strategy at leading industry events and he leads on all of GatherContent’s resources and editorial output for the content community.
Reserve your space
It’s free! All you need to do is show up on Thursday 8th August at 16:00 until 17:00 BST.