Every good business case needs a narrative. One of the challenges of content strategists and digital teams is persuading senior leaders to understand the importance of content-led transformation projects and to cut through all the other ‘noise’, competing projects and priorities and get its importance to be fully recognised within the organisation.
In many cases, this could be a major barrier to moving forward with content-led digital transformation projects.
In this presentation, Ayala Gordon, Head of Digital at the University of Southampton, explores some of the practicalities you need to consider when writing and presenting your paper to stakeholders. We’ll also explore what kind of content and background work might be helpful, and how to position your ‘campaign’ to ensure you get the required support.
Who is the webinar for?
Anyone who works with content, or has a role within a digital team, whether as an in-house team or an agency working with clients on their projects. You might be new to your organisation and trying to navigate the maze of boards and projects governance at your institution, or you might have a new line manager than needs help in cutting through some of the ambiguity in your organisation.
It’s also suitable for those who simply want to lead the charge in their organisation for putting content/digital first.
What will I learn?
From this webinar you’ll learn:
- How to identify your key stakeholders
- Techniques for successful stakeholder management
- How to effectively network within your institution
- Practical ideas how to build an effective internal campaign
- How to tell your story
- How to get support and buy-in from unexpected places
What you need to know
- The webinar is free 👏
- Join us: Thursday January 17th. 4pm-5:30pm GMT
- All details will be emailed upon registration. Check those pesky spam folders!
- We’ll send one day and one hour reminders
- Download GoToWebinar before the webinar so you’re raring to go (it’s free too!)
- Nothing to prepare. Just get comfy. But you might want a notebook
- Watch again! A recording will be sent to all attendees the day after the webinar
About the presenter
Ayala Gordon is Head of Digital at the University of Southampton, a research-intensive University and a founding member of the Russell Group, United Kingdom. Ayala is a digital marketing practitioner who spent the past 20 years working in both in-house, freelance and agency-side roles before joining the University of Southampton in 2017 to lead a multidisciplinary team of experts.
Under Ayala’s leadership, the University of Southampton has committed in 2018 to undertake a content first digital transformation project.
Reserve your space
It’s free! All you need to do is show up on Thursday 17th January at 16:00 until 17:30 GMT.