Ahead of her talk at CSForum 2016, we had chance to speak to one of their presenters, Content Strategist Sally Bagshaw. In 90 minutes we asked Sally questions submitted by our audience, all focused around collaborating on content with stakeholders.
Collaborating on content is hard. There are many aspects to consider and lots of obstacles to overcome – so it was a jam packed 90 minutes with invaluable knowledge and insight from Sally.
Who is the webinar for?
Anyone looking to improve the way they work with others! Whether you’re just starting out, or have plenty of experience under your belt, Sally’s advice covers many content collaboration challenges.
The questions we asked:
- How do you make the most of your subject matter experts? @ 2 mins 45 secs
- What are some ways as digital communicators, we can get across our expertise? @ 7 mins 07 secs
- Bottom up content strategy without the top down governance within enterprise – is it possible? @ 10 mins 43 secs
- How do you manage a client with unrealistic expectations? @ 15 mins 12 secs
- How do you get alignment with stakeholders who have different objectives? @ 20 mins 44 secs
- How do you understand and manage different agendas? @ 23 mins 30 secs
- How do you get the right people at the table? @ 27 mins 30 secs
- How do you narrow the stakeholder set? @ 30 mins 35 secs
- What activities can I try with stakeholders to get them involved from the beginning? @ 34 mins
- What tips can you share about content governance? @ 38 mins 38 secs
- Can you tell us about a time where you’ve converted a skeptical stakeholder into a content champion? @ 40 mins 42 secs
- What’s the best way to work with a SME? @ 47 mins 20 secs
- How do you not offend SMEs/any stakeholder when you have to heavily edit content they provide? @ 50 mins 32 secs
- Have you tried pair writing and if so, what do you feel are its pros and cons? @ 53 mins 40 secs
- What does an ideal content process look like? @ 56 mins 55 secs
- What’s the best way to get somebody to provide the content you need so that the rounds of edits can be reduced? @ 59 mins 42 secs
- How do you get people behind an objective when it comes to content? @ 1 hour 3 mins
- What techniques can you recommend to collaborate on content with your own team? @ 1 hour 6 mins
- How can you keep spirits up during a project to make sure the quality is maintained and not rushed? @ 1 hour 9 mins
- How would you explain why content consistency is paramount? @ 1 hour 14 mins
- How can I upskill people who aren’t used to producing website content? @ 1 hour 17 mins
- What questions can I ask to capture business requirements? @ 1 hour 21 mins
Find out the answers!
About the presenter
Sally Bagshaw is a Brisbane-based content strategist who has been wrangling content since 2001. With a background in copywriting and business communication, she has helped big corporates, publishers, government, and a range of universities to plan for, create and manage useful and usable content. A bit of a geek at heart, she often works as an intermediary between technical teams and business stakeholders to make sure content requirements of both parties are fully understood. Sally loves big web redevelopment projects, workshops with lots of sticky notes, and advocating the use of sentence case. She’s not scared of spreadsheets or metadata but hates the word migration. Known for saying “content is easy, people are the messy part”, she firmly believes that sometimes the best content strategy is to have less content.
Be notified about our next community webinar!
You’ll be amongst the first to know once we confirm the details.
You can always unsubscribe at any time.