Higher education marketing is the most difficult marketing in the world. You have a multi-year “buying cycle”; you’re selling to multiple audiences with competing priorities; you have to sell both offline and online; the organisation is highly decentralised; the stakes are all or nothing; and the final decision is made under extreme stress.
But don’t fret!
Implementing a university-wide content governance plan will help keep all of your higher ed marketing challenges manageable.
In this practical, example-filled session, we’ll explore what goes into developing a savvy content governance plan—and how to stick to it over time. Because once you can effectively manage every piece of content—from the big concepts to the tiniest details—you can better recruit, retain, and graduate your ideal students.
The format will be a 45 minute presentation followed by a 15 minute Q&A.
Who is the webinar for?
This webinar is ideal for anyone in higher-ed marketing, communications, website management, and design—from the central office to individual departments and programs.
What will I learn?
By the end of this webinar, you should be able to:
- Explain the elements of a university content governance plan
- Form a content governance council with a clear mandate
- Develop content policies and procedures that make sense for your school
- Implement strategies for keeping your content governance plan updated and useful for the long term
What you need to know
- The webinar is free 👏
- Join us: Tuesday February 26th. 4pm – 5pm GMT
- All details will be emailed upon registration. Check those pesky spam folders!
- We’ll send one day and one hour reminders
- Download GoToWebinar before the webinar so you’re raring to go (it’s free too!)
- Nothing to prepare. Just get comfy. But you might want a notebook
- Watch again! A recording will be sent to all attendees the day after the webinar
About the presenters
Andrew writes copy. He writes taglines and headlines and titles. He writes messaging platforms. He writes surveys. He writes marketing strategies. (And he writes staff bios.)
From an early age, Andrew has been obsessed with words—considering a mastery of language key to mastery of thought.
That’s why he studied English and Communications at The University of Texas before beginning a long career in the world of nonprofit marketing and fundraising. Eventually, he combined his love of words with his love of performance to become a software trainer, traveling the country teaching fundraisers how to better manage their data.
At Mighty Citizen, Andrew plays a dual role: helping craft our own marketing content and partnering with our clients on a variety of content projects—including research, messaging, strategising, branding, and content governance.
Outside of work, you can usually find Andrew performing improv at one of Austin’s many improv theatres. (Or reading. Always reading.)
Reserve your space
It’s free! All you need to do is show up on Tuesday 26th February at 16:00 until 17:00 GMT.